Translate

Saturday 8 March 2014

I STARTED KEEPING DREADLOCKS BECAUSE I FORGOT MY CLIPPER AT HOME WHEN I TRAVELLED OVERSEAS….BASKET Bright Okpocha

Did you have dreadlocks since from birth ?
No, I was strictly on low cut then. I started wearing dreads when I was trying to carve out an identity for myself. So I thought about it; I did not want my looks to be conventional. And I did not? think about dreads. The dreadlocks came in when I was out of the country and I could not cut my hair because I did not go with my clipper and I could not just go to any salon and cut my hair. So I was just there and the hair was growing. I was out for two months; I was on a tour then and the hair was growing. I was looking at it and the day it was actually rough and I was like, let me try dreads.That was how I started. So when I returned, I just told my hair stylist that I would like to do dreads and that was how I started.
does it smell?
No, I try to take very good care of it. It does not. Initially I was uncomfortable in it until I became used to it. I have been known with this hairstyle. It is now an identity.
But you are not attaching some cowry shells on it?
No, I do not like that. You know? i am a Christian; I am from a Christian family, so we do not like all that.
How does your dad feel about your dreads?
My dad happens to be a very free guy. Even when I was into music, he never disturbed me about anything. He knows that that is what I want to do and he supports me by not complaining about my looks. He knows the business. He knows that this is showbiz.



facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather



No comments:

Post a Comment